Re: first proposal for a new maintainer policy

Hi,

	What is this policy group you are talking about? AFAIK, there
 is no such beast; there is just an public, open mailing list, which
 is more and less than a formal Policy group.

	The mailing list was formed to reduce clutter on the devel
 list, which is rapidly becoming a catch-all of everything (I
 routinely see -user questions on -devel, which I am far less likely
 to answer than the same question on -user).

	I would strongly urge anyone who is interested in what goes
 into the Policy manual to keep an eye on that mailing list; I
 personally priritize -policy higher than -devel, as the former has
 postings of more interest to me.

	Since this is rteally a meta discussion, I think it is right
 to discuss this on both -policy and -devel, vefore anyone accuses me
 of gratuitous cross-posting.

	manoj
--
 Let me play with it first and I'll tell you what it is later. Miles Davis