Re: Intent to package: debian-keyring

> Ok, now let us get back to the original discussion: It looks to me, like
> we are stuck. Most participants fail to see the importance of having the
> responsibility of our packages well defined, and I still fail to see the
> advantages of allowing several people to maintain one package at once.

> When I thought about this topic again today, I noticed that we don't have
> any documentation or policy about what the maintainer's duties and rights
> are. Perhaps we should start discussing this first. I'll start a different
> thread for this.

Ultimately, their duties are nil and their rights (over their own
participation) infinite where Debian is concerned.  I think this is what
bugs people about the one maintianer rule.  It's only purpose seems to be
to imply some sort of obligation where none really exists.  If some guys
want to maintain a package together, handle bug reports together, etc.
they should be able to.  Have the most heavily involved party's name first
or something, but steer clear of the sort of rule that seems to limit
developers freedom on non-technical issues.

Britton Kerin