Re: Intent to package: debian-keyring

On 20 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
> >>"Dale" == Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:
>
> Dale> Then you will need to remove libc6, as the loader is not
> Dale> stripped, as dictated by policy. If I strip it, as policy
> Dale> demands, it will not work.
>
> 	Have you reported this as a bug againt the policy manuals
>  then? Is policy being changed with regards to this?

No, because as a guideline it is correct. This has been my point all
along. Policy is a guideline, which points to a preferred path of
development and proceedures. When those guidelines fail to produce the
desired results exception is taken and the "right thing" is done anyway.
If policy is not going to allow such exceptions then the concept of Policy
is broken.

Waiting is,

Dwarf