Re: first proposal for a new maintainer policy

On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 06:13:12PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> However, I have two concerns, which are related.  One is that you seem
> to have a couple of ideas of your own about package ownership which
> you seem to want to push, despite there being IMO a clear consensus
> _against_ policy as you have documented it.

Just this minor point, Ian.

I think, there is hardly any consensus yet about this special topic.
Instead, there is a lot of confusion and personal shots in this, which is
the reason why for example I and maybe other did not express their opinion
about it yet.

Just for the record: I would prefer the name of a real person on each
package, because this would express the openess and "personality" of Debian
in just the right way. I'm not sure if the email adress should be a personal
one or an alias for a bunch of developers.

I think this issue can't be resolved properly ("we are stuck") without
further input from all the pther developers not participating on
debian-policy.

Marcus