Re: manpages maintainer now accepting some section 1 manpages.

Guy Maor writes:
 > Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> writes:
 >
 > >      This sounds like a mistake to me.
 >
 > I agree with Bob.  The section 1 manpages should be in the appropriate
 > package.

I second this.  There is already a problem with translated section 1
manpages being in manpage-<language> rather than in the relevant
binary packages, let's not extend the problem to english manpages too !

As an example, with lpr.1 being part of manpages-fr, and lprng
installed, I have `man lpr' giving the translated manpage for the
traditionnal lpr, and `LC_ALL=C man lpr' giving the english manpage
for lprng's lpr...

I think we should instead make it policy to include all section 1
manpages, including translated ones, into the relevant binary
packages.  I can see that as a meaningful goal for slink.

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: