Re: changelog vs ChangeLog and policy dictates

On Sat, Apr 11, 1998 at 04:36:14PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I find the typology of ChangeLog much easier to read than changelog. They
> parse the same for me, and it is the fact that they don't parse the same
> for *nix systems that allows them to be of such value, even in this small
> case.
>
> Advice?

Dale,

I never liked this particular policy either and didn't follow it for a
long time.  I eventually switched to a compromise solution.  I still
install a packages "ChangeLog" file exactly as provided except for
posiibly compressing it and add a symlink to it named changelog.gz to
comply with Debian policy.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road