Re: Non-free package documentation requirement

Hi,
>>"Alex" ==   <aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu> writes:

>> I disagree.  A package's placement in non-free should be a last
>> resort.  Making sorting out the copyright a requirement for
>> inclusion in non-free will encourage efforts to fix the problem.

Alex> ... and be the way to ban the packages from being included into
Alex> the distribution available for the users.

	The world is coming to an end. I agree with Alex here. I
 maintain non-free/games/angband; and there is a morass of authors
 through whose hands angband has passed, with almost everyone putting
 a different set of copyright statements on their work, beofre passing
 the torch.

	Tracking down all the people involved in that is way too much
 work for me; I would just continue to maintain the package for
 myself, if the "track down and implore author" policy were made
 madatory.

	A free software fanatic would probably say that is a good
 thing. Mayhap a more enrgetic maintianer for angband would arrive on
 the scene.

	manoj
--
 "Tourists -- have some fun with New york's hard-boiled cabbies.  When
 you get to your destination, say to your driver, "Pay? I was