Re: An alternatives question

On Wed, Apr 01, 1998 at 09:22:29AM -0500, Brian Mays wrote:

> It is my opinion that the alternatives link should be through
> /usr/bin/X11; otherwise when X is upgraded to X11R7, all of the
> alternatives will break.  However, I would like to hear what others think.

There may never be an X11R7, because the X Consortium dissolved.  X is now
apparently controlled by a group of interests more interested in infighting
and Windows NT, and who in any case are unlikely to release any future
version of X under a DFSG-compliant copyright.

In any case, what you suggest is unnecessary, as /usr/bin/X11 is itself
already a symlink.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  I am sorry, but what you have mistaken
Purdue University                   |  for malicious intent is nothing more