Re: Proposal how to handle mass bug reports

Santiago Vila writes ("Re: Proposal how to handle mass bug reports"):
> Mmm, requiring a lot of action for a lot of packages has not to be
> discussed also? This is also a problem, not only getting rid of the bug
> themselves, because people may disagree very easily.

By sending my bug report I don't _require_ a lot of action, I just
suggest it.  If I'm disagreed with it's simple to close the bug.

Submitting it as a bug just means it won't get forgotten.

By sending many bug reports one _requires_ a lot of action even if one
is disagreed with.

> I don't think submitting a lot of bugs or submitting a bug affecting a
> lot of packages are so different things.
>
> I thought we were trying to "Discuss first, submit bugs later".
> This should be valid for your bug also.

No, because the reasons - great inconvenience for many people tidying
up the mess - don't apply.

Ian.