Re: csh-considered-harmful is a lintian warning??

If I may ask, what package gave the warnings??  Many of us do not have
csh installed, so any package wanting it would have me either install
csh or skip the package.  A package that uses csh or would aid csh would
make sense to use csh in its install.  Also be aware that like the
original lint, lintian warnings are just that --> they can be ignored.
Your package will not explode or be removed from the distribution.  I
recall reading that it is HIGHLY recommened in debian-policy to not use
csh.  So yes lintian is following the "rules" here.  This is not a "we
hate csh" stance.  Rather it has to do with the shells free-ness.  And
as Manoj said, many UN*X people do personally feel that csh has
problems.  But I believe Debian's main problem with csh is its license.