Re: Apology to the authors of helper packages

The statement was reasonable in the context of Manoj's demand to a new
developer that he be an expert on shell scripts. No one is an expert on
everything and we need to combine our talents. Variety is good. Someone
might not know much about shell scripts but be an expert in C++. Debian can
have all sorts of people contributing.

And yes it certainly was an attack to drive the point home... Manoj has
lots of talents and also some weak spots like we all have.

In article <87k9akvq2t.fsf@nevermore.csres.utexas.edu> you wrote:
: Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

:> 	I should apologize to the people who write helper scripts for
:>  my outburst; I regretted it as soon as I had sent it.

:   Christoph Lameter <clameter@miriam.fuller.edu> writes:
:   > Maybe we should also try to have developers who are up to date on the
:   > tools and who use modern software.

: This was an attack.  Perhaps you overreaccted a bit, but it wasn't a
: reasonable statement.  Of course, I don't know the history of previous
: conversations.