Re: new virtual package request

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Shaleh wrote:

> I am packaging a library called imlib (image library).  This library can
> use giflib which is in non-free.  I would like to make a imlib-free and
> a imlib-nonfree, both of which provide "imlib".  Any suggstions or
> comments welcome.  Thank you.

The rules included in the "AUTHORITATIVE LIST OF VIRTUAL PACKAGE NAMES"
explicitely allows use of `private VPNs among a cooperating group of
packages' which applies in this case.

I think you can just use imlib without having it registered.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com