Re: glibc_2.0.7pre1-3 uploaded to master

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Joel Klecker wrote:

> At 12:34 -0500 1998-03-03, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >I understood this when I did it, and expected to identify the released
> >version as 2.0.7rel for this very reason.
>
> I consider that *much* uglier than an epoch.

But if you want to avoid using an epoch, it can be a temporary solution
until 2.0.8 or 2.1 is released. I don't think it is very important that a
version number is sometimes ugly in the unstable tree. It should become
"not ugly" before it gets into the stable tree, though.

Remco