Please don't remove size info from pkgs.

As intimated to below, I (who has no official vote :) think that debian
packages should have enough information in them to allow the determination
of how much disk space would be used by installing, or freed by removing,
said package.

To the end that the packages which are selected can all be queried to determine
how much space is used in which partition, please keep this info. The idea
I have comes from a sunos install, which had packages that would show tabular
data showing exactly (or nearly so) how much space each partition would lose
to the package. Dselect and deity (or any other package manager) would
benefit by being able to show on each selected package, in each category or
level-of-importance and for the sum total of all selected packages, how
much space would be taken in each mounted partition.

If this were the case, then deity, dselect or something else could also show
the space left on each mounted partition, to better allow a debian user to
definitively determine whether s/he had the space required to install any
given set of packages at a glance.

In my opinion, this would be _very_ helpful.

-Jim

hamish@debian.org just clued me in as follows: