Re: Clarification of Policy and Packaging manuals requested

Hi,
>>"Adam" == Adam P Harris <apharris@onshore.com> writes:

Adam> Manoj, you miss the point that creating conditions where errors
Adam> are possible makes errors inevitable, statistically speaking,
Adam> for these errors to occur.  Crippling, nasty errors.

	And removing the possibility of errors means that people can't
 learn from the mistakes, and get dependent on crutches. Real
 programmers code in hex;-)

Adam> Oops sorry, you just lost your lambdamoo database.

	And that maintainer learns. He has a backup, of course. You
 mean he did not test it? How come? why do we have so many packages
 that we do not even test what we put out there? (This is not a
 obscure situation; upgrades should always happen on your own machine
 first). And if we take pride in our work, we always test before
 release. (I too am guilty of not always testing before a release;
 cvs-inject had additional verbose messages added after testing, and
 there was a cut and paste error, since fixed).

	The genral public is further protected by our stellar testing
 group.

	manoj
 who has learnt from his mistakes ... often
--
 It is, of course, written in Perl.  Translation to C is left as an
 exercise for the reader.  :-) --Larry Wall in <7448@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>