lintian reports & relative/absolute symlinks

This was discussed a week or so ago, but I never saw a resolution. Lintian
currently warns me about these symlinks in my packages:

W: abuse-lib: symlink-should-be-relative var/lib/games/abuse/addon /usr/lib/games/abuse-lib/addon
W: abuse-lib: symlink-should-be-relative var/lib/games/abuse/art /usr/lib/games/abuse-lib/art
W: abuse-lib: symlink-should-be-relative var/lib/games/abuse/levels /usr/lib/games/abuse-lib/levels
W: abuse-lib: symlink-should-be-relative var/lib/games/abuse/lisp /usr/lib/games/abuse-lib/lisp
W: abuse-sfx: symlink-should-be-relative var/lib/games/abuse/sfx /usr/lib/games/abuse-sfx
W: distributed-net: symlink-should-be-relative var/lib/distributed-net/distributed-net /usr/bin/distributed-net

Policy says:

3.3.5. Symbolic links
---------------------

     Most symbolic links should be relative, not absolute. Absolute links,
     in general, cause problems when a file system is not mounted where it
     "normally" resides (for example, when mounted via NFS).

     In particular, symbolic links from one part of `/usr' to another
     should be relative.

     In certain cases, however, relative links may cause more problems. For
     example, links into `/etc' and `/var' should be absolute.

According to Joost and others who posted in the previous thread, symlinks
into /usr (from /var or some other top level directory hierarchy other than
/usr) should be absolute too. Do any people still disagree? I'd like to
get policy changed if everyone agrees /usr should be listed too.

--
see shy jo