Re: `du' control files

Hi,

Joey> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Faugh. People have forgotten how to use tools in this day of cookie
>> cutter approach to computing.

Joey> Oh, bullshit.

	Oh, I see. A most cogent line of reasoning, that. 'Tis hard to
 come up with a counter argument.

	However, I hold to my statement: there is a cookie cutter
 trend in computing, and when I look around, in my old age, methinks
 that truly people have started to embrace the philosophy of mass
 production and quick turn around time-to-deliver cycles.

	In fact, I was castigated on irc on my approach of hand
 crafting my packages, and I was informed that since I did not use
 helper tools I was not as prolific as some others; and that it was
 easy to take a package, shrink-wrap it in a debian package in under
 an hour, and go on to the next one.

	I still prefer crafting my code, though that attitude probably
 marks me as being in my dottage.

	manoj
--
 Biochemistry expands so as to fill the space and time available for
 its completion and publication.  -- R. T. Hersh