Re: `du' control files

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> With the new lintian check I discovered that some packages install a `du'
> control file (contains the output of the du command).
>
> Does someone know which program is using these files??
>
> If there is no good reason for these files, should we consider this a bug?
> (IMO, yes.)

They are created by the debhelper program dh_du.  They're useful for
figuring out how much space on each of your filesystems a package is
taking up, especially useful if one filesystem is getting cramped.  Like
the md5sums file, I wouldn't judge their presence either way.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/