Re: md5sums files (was Re: over 30000 bugs in our archive (!))

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

> The lack of an md5sums file is flagged as an error.

No it's not.  None of my packages have md5sums, and lintian didn't
complain about it.  (Though it did rather amusingly complain about the
fact that the ed package dared to include /bin/ed (``name-space
pollution'')

> Also, lintian files it as a bug if a conffile is not listed in the
> md5sums file.

IMO this is a bug in lintian, you don't want md5sums of conffiles in
an md5sums file.

--
James