Re: PW#5-12: New upload procedure

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998 fpolacco@icenet.fi wrote:

[snip]
> If Ian wants anyway to modify dpkg-parsechangelog or dpkg-genchanges,
> then the proposal (already discarded) to have a pre-parsing at build
> time, revealing the bug numbers to be closed, could be re-considered.

I don't think it's necessary to reconsider this. The reason why we decided
to have only `dinstall' check for the "closes:" patterns is that a) we
don't want to implement the parsing procedure on both sides
(dpkg-genchanges and dinstall) and b) it's easier to keep the new upload
procedure up-to-date in case any changes are necessary in the future. (It
will probably take some time until all developers have upgraded to the
latest dpkg-dev package.)

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz