Re: about unique maintainer address policy

On Wed, Jan 28, 1998 at 05:44:37PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	The reason behind requiring a single email of the form
>  <login@debian.org> was multifold; one was the database; but the
>  other, and in my opinion, more important reason was so thet there is
>  an easy address format for people to send mail to maintainers.
>
> 	I know I can send mail to schwarz@debian.org when the .de
>  address bounces (as it is for me at the moment), and that it shall
>  work.
>
> 	It would make things easier for the users.

	Hi. Here's a suggestion: make everyone have a single email
	user@debian.org but let them use any user-whatever@debian.org
	they want. That is, compare things after the "@" to end of string
	and from beginning to first "/-+".

	That way one can use user-packages/foo@debian.org, or
	user-foo@debian.org, or user@debian.org, etc. And the DB would
	have to store only user@debian.org.
--
tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi - it's a valid address w/o spam | +358-50-5124907
f u cn rd ths, thn u cn rd perl 2 | rm -rf / && echo bye-bye. |           --tv