Re: Regarding the new Upload procedure

On Wed, Jan 28, 1998 at 02:11:10PM +0000, Luis Francisco Gonzalez wrote:

> could someone explain to me again why only source updates can close bug
> reports? Does this mean that bugs closed with non-source uploads have to
> closed "by hand" or that they can't be closed at all?

Keep in mind that with "source upload" is not intended an upload
containing the .orig tarball (which happens rarely), but every upload
which uploads the .diff.gz

Their .changes files have the field "Architecture:" containing the word
"source". Practically speacking "non source uploads" are all those
alpha, sparc and m68k uploads that "spams :-)" the changes list, and
that list only .deb files. (but there are exceptions).

Fabrizio