Re: Mailcrypt - EMACS package maintainers please read this message.

"Davide G. M. Salvetti" <salve@debian.org> writes:

> BTW, I don't remember if we have ever discussed about it, but I also think
> add-on packages should byte-compile in background [1], since it could be a
> quiet long job.  They should also provide a log.
>
> [1]: It would be nice if the user could choose whether to have background
> or foreground byte-compilation, but this may be a bit unfair with respect
> to unattended installation (the less you ask the user, the better,
> especially on new (not upgrade one) installation).

While I agree with this in principle, I'm not ready to make policy
about it.  For now, it'll just be up to the maintainers to decide.
After we get things rolling (and the users start complaining :>), then
we can deal with this on a case by case basis.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>