Re: PW#5-12: New upload procedure

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

>        3.) [check for new packages every ten minutes]
>            Check if package upload was complete and the files are correct
>            (i.e. check PGP signature, MD5 sums, correct .changes file, etc.)
>            If there is an error send mail to the maintainer and stop
>
>        4.) Send announcement to debian-devel-changes in case of an "unstable"
>            or "experimental" upload
>
>        5.) [once a day]
>            Install packages into the archive
>            (In case of a new package or a stable upload, this requires the
>            acknowledgement of the archive maintainer)

Is all that really necessary?  Currently dinstall runs once a day,
rejects anything which fails pgp, md5, etc, and installs anything it
can.  I can announce the package as soon as dinstall sees it, even if
it's new and might not get installed immediately.

If someone is really burning to know if their upload is ok and they
can't wait, they can run `dinstall -n foo.changes'.

>        Fixes: 98765 98766 99999

So dinstall will be scanning for this field, and not looking in the
changelog?  In other words, this will only work for people that have
an updated dpkg-genchanges?

>      2. Before sending the announcement of the package upload, dinstall
>      will check the maintainer's home directory on master if it contains a
>      `~/.changes-template' file, in which case the file contents will be

dinstall will only do this if the maintainer address is foo@debian.org, as
the files' UID is wrong when it's coming from one of the upload queues.

Guy