Re: PW#5-3: How packages can register cron jobs

> > The current policy does not allow packages to touch /etc/crontab anymore.
> > This is because we don't allow packages to modify other packages
> > configuration files.
>
> We should also correct the policy to say that _no_ package should touch
> _any_ config file from a script. The problem caused that way isn't related
> to which package script and config file belong to.

While a good general rule, I think it would be a mistake to make it all
encompasing.  There will be cases where touching the conffile within the
postinst of another package really will be the best way to do things.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

        Stress:  The condition caused by resisiting the desire to choke
            the life out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.