Re: [Fwd: dhelp support?]

> Santiago Vila wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> > Marco Budde has asked me to add dhelp support in debmake (he even sent me
> > patches), but there is a doc-base package planned for Debian 2.1. Since it
> > seems that doc-base and dhelp will have very similar goals, I don't think
> > it is a good idea to support dhelp (through debmake or not) at this
>
> I think you should support it. Please remember all maintainer should
> use HTML for documentation (see policy). But it's a very bad idea to
> browse hundrets of HTML documents without an index and a search engine.
> That's the reason why we should use such a system in hamm.

Would a reason be that we already have dwww/menu that does exactly
this? with dwww/menu, you'll get a www page (one or more, depending
on your taste) that indexes all registered www pages. The registered
documents go in a nested structure, etc, and the final look of the
www page that contains all pages can very easily be modified.

What adds dhelp that dwww/menu doesn't already have?

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

Potentially offensive files, part 5: /dev/random.
`head -c 4 /dev/random` may print 4-letter words (once every approx 4e8 tries).