Re: Policy about packages that have Tk dependent parts.

In article <[🔎] 87yb26i8sh.fsf@nevermore.csres.utexas.edu> you wrote:

:   2) Create a single package suggests Tk rather than depending on or
:      recommending it

I like this option, along with some text in the long description field of the
control file explaining that one or more of the utilities use Tk, but that
Tk is not required for other parts of the package.

:   3) Create a single package with wrappers for Tk based binaries which
:      check for Tk and quit gracefully with a suggestion to install
:      Tk. (could also be useful with 2)

I don't like wrapped binaries, but if it's done cleanly, I guess this would
be ok.  If it were me, I wouldn't bother... solution 2 with text in the
description explaining why the 'suggests' is there is sufficient.

Bdale