Re: FHS and filesystem mount points (!)

There are soo many discussions going on. Show us why this is important. Maybe one or the
other attack against established concepts to get peoples brains thinking?

If nothing helps: Write something that will catch Bruce's attention.
Come up with another conspiracy theory f.e. and he will respond.

In article <[🔎] 347EFD22.1C326AE9@verisim.com> you wrote:
: What do I have to do to get some discussion about this?

: > Does the FHS address both local and mounted directories?  To explain...
: >
: > There are, as I see it, 3 general file-storage locations other than the
: > standard / and /usr systems.
: >
: >  - files local to this machine (not network mounted)
: >  - arch-dep files on this network
: >  - arch-indep files on this network
: >
: > The FSSTND only had /usr/local and /usr/share to cover these three points.
: > How does FHS deal with it?
: >
: > If it is not covered by FHS, I'd like a Debian policy on it for release
: > at the same time as the FHS conversion.

:                                           Brian
:                                  ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

:              If at first you don't succeed, so much for skydiving.