Re: Dependencies of libraries libc5-libc6 libraries

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, Alex Yukhimets wrote:

> My understanding was that -dev and -altdev packages are conflicting ones.
> Why not included all man pages and other documentation in both
> of these packages to avoid creating additional ones?

Because your understanding is incorrect.  The -altdev packages live in
/usr/<arch>-linuxlibc1/include to provide a libc5 compilation
environment.  It is definatly useful to have both -dev and -altdev
installed at the same time, people building libc5 and libc6 packages need
them.