Re: bash should not be essential

Hi,
>>"Santiago" == Santiago Vila Doncel <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

>> Santiago Vila Doncel <sanvila@unex.es> writes: So if we have to
>> admit bashisms in debian/rules, we are in fact saying "Debian
>> packages will always be for Debian/Linux distributions".
>>
>> No, we are saying that you need bash on any Debian system.

Santiago> No, we are saying "If you want to port a single Debian
Santiago> package to some system, you have to Debianize the system
Santiago> first". This is nonsense.

	Could we calm down a bit, please? I contend that any system
 that we can't port bash to, we would find it well nigh impossible to
 port a Debian system on (Heck, bash even works on my Dual boot NT
 workstation).

	I don't think you'll find very many systems that bash does not
 port to.

	manoj
--
 "Mr. Watson, come here, I want you."  -- Alexander Graham Bell