Re: Need addition to policy manual for new developers

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> Let's please make this policy change for new maintainers:
>
> New maintainers must read the "Social Contract" before applying.
> They should state that they have done so in their message to
> new-maintainers@debian.org . They also should be expected to know
> where to find the "Debian Policy Manual" and the "Debian Packaging
> Manual".
>
> Somehow, some people become maintainers without ever reading the social
> contract! I would not have thought it was possible :-)

I'll add this to the Developer's Reference.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian is looking     schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de
for a logo! Have a
look at our drafts     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
at    http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/