Re: Policy about use of upstream source as .orig.tar.gz

    Gregor> Lately, I've run into a few packages that had an
    Gregor> .orig.tar.gz source archive (gimp was among them, I think)
    Gregor> that was different from the upstream source distribution,
    Gregor> although there were no changes to the sources.

Yeah, this is something I did to get dpkg-source to stop whining at me
that the directory was not named <package>-<version>. The gimp
packages are all probably incorrectly sourced, but I don't know how to
do it properly :)

I couldn't find the proper place in the policy manual that talks about
how to do it correctly, however. If someone could clue me in as to how
to do it right..

--
Brought to you by the letters I and T and the number 16.
"You forgot Uranus." "Goooooooooodnight everybody!" -- Yakko and Wakko