Re: ldconfig warnings

David Engel wrote:
> It's not a problem if you don't, as the manual says, run ldconfig from
> the preinst or postrm scripts.  To say it simpler, ldconfig should
> only be run from the postinst script.

Well, I thought that when I saw the problem happen, I had ldconfig only in
my postinst. But on reflection, it was probably in the postrm as well.

So, could we update the programmer's manual to say that it's ok (and
necessary) in the postinst, but should not appear in the preinst or postrm?

--
see shy jo