Re: Rationale for /etc/init.d/* being conffiles?

Please stop this discussion now.

Everyone has the right to ask whether a certain aspect of our policy is
reasonable or not. That's an important part of keeping the high quality of
our distribution.

The current discussion made it very clear to me that we have good reasons
for making every /etc/init.d script a conffile. There will be no change in
policy WRT this subject.

Santiago has just filed a wish-list bug report (#16199) against the policy
package and requests that I add a rationale to the statement. I think
that's a good idea.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com