Moving topics from debian-private (was Re: SPI money out)

On 16-Dec-1997, bruce@va.debian.org <bruce@va.debian.org> wrote:
> > I would also like to suggest a print or two.  I do not know if this
> > idea would actually make money, but I would buy one.
>
> Uh-oh, you moved this topic from the other mailing list. Consider your
> knuckles rapped :-) No harm done this time, but be careful.

This is almost certainly caused by people replying to mail, then
realizing that they are replying to the author, not the list, and so
manually changing the mail headers, and accidentally sending it
to the wrong list.

A couple of us discussed this (and other problems with the mailing
list), in the thread "Duplicate messages on this list" in debian-devel
about a week ago and eventually came to a standstill where most people
in the discussion were happy with the following solution:

	Set the mailing lists up so that the headers are munged
	in the following way: