Re: Backspace and delete

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Pretty much, yes.  I've attached a revised version which takes into
> account the recent comments.

	I think we should add something to that.  The whole proposal
refers only to the Linux console and X; but it says nothing about some
other terminals commonly used in Debian; at least, I also use
`screen', `emacs' (in *shell* mode), and `ytalk' (esc-s gives you a
shell).

	Well, there may be others, but the question is:  should I, as
the current maintainer of `screen', change its behaviour respecting
`<--'?  It currently generates `^H', but it's very easy to change
that.  Ian's current proposal isn't very clear on that. (BTW:  I
think I should change it).

--
Juan Cespedes