Re: FHS and filesystem mount points (!)

: > There are, as I see it, 3 general file-storage locations other than the
: > standard / and /usr systems.
: >
: >  - files local to this machine (not network mounted)
: >  - arch-dep files on this network
: >  - arch-indep files on this network
: >
: > The FSSTND only had /usr/local and /usr/share to cover these three points.
: > How does FHS deal with it?

> There are soo many discussions going on. Show us why this is important. Maybe one or the
> other attack against established concepts to get peoples brains thinking?

The problems arise when local network configurations mount filesystems.
If, for example, /usr/share is mounted over the network then it is not
possible to have arch-dependant and arch-independant files on it since
some arch-dependant binaries are installed by packages.

It's not a major problem but it should be so easy to fix.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

      You can never be too good looking or too well equipped.  -- Dilbert