Policy about packages that have Tk dependent parts.

I'm now maintaining two packages, hfsutils and sgrep, each of which
includes at least one tool that's Tk based.  In both cases, bugs have
been reported against the packages by people who don't think they
should depend on Tk.  This is not completely unreasonable, but I
wanted to discuss how we should handle this in general?  The options I
can recall are:

  1) Create two packages: foo and foo-tk
  2) Create a single package suggests Tk rather than depending on or
     recommending it
  3) Create a single package with wrappers for Tk based binaries which
     check for Tk and quit gracefully with a suggestion to install
     Tk. (could also be useful with 2)

Thoughts?

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>