Re: Backspace and delete

> Ricardas Cepas thinks that we should map <-- to ASCII BS and `Delete'
> to ASCII DEL.  Is there anyone else who agrees with him ?  If not then
> I think we can safely go with my proposal, as it has rough consensus.
>
> If there is then I need to argue with him and to convince people.

I _disagree_ with Ricardas.  While mapping the "backspace key" to the
ASCII "backspace code" and mapping the "delete key" with the ASCII
"delete code" seems a natural mapping, we should be more concerned with
providing a standard interface.  The easiest way to do that is with
Ian's proposal.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

 Generated by Signify v1.03.  For this and more, visit http://www.verisim.com/