Re: menus

In article <19970913120459.16057@mizar>,
Francesco Tapparo  <cesco@mizar> wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 11, 1997 at 07:54:06PM +0200, joost witteveen wrote:

>A less strikt proposal:
>a maitainer is encouraged to supply an icon; he must do it if the icon is
>already in the debian system or in the upstream package. There are already
>several that don't supply an icon in the menu even if the icon is already in
>/usr/include/X11/pixmaps

I disagree strongly. Having an icon is nice, but no icon is a hell of a lot
less annoying than an oversize icon. I'm not terribly keen on ugly icons
even if they are the right size.

I think we need to specify a standard size (16x16?) and say packages must
not have bigger icons, and recommend that maintainers supply icons of that
size if possible.

(sorry about the lack of a references: line in this post)