Re: Policy Weekly Issue #4/4: Announcing new packages before uploading them

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> Very good idea. Maybe that should be the ONLY way bug reports could be
> closed? That way we have an insurance that bug reports are only closed
> by the maintainer.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic here.  There are plenty of bugs that
aren't bugs but misdiagnosed problems, not to mention people who open bugs
and want to close them when they discover the problem was on their end.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/