Re: On Bruce Perens and Dave Cinege, etc.

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Richard G. Roberto wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > PROPOSAL FOR TERM LIMITS
> >
> > I propose that all elected posts in the Debian organization
> > be subject to the following term limits:

I actually like this proposal.  I have no problem with Bruce, he has done
a gret job.  I just don't see the point in making the process of
succession so competitive.  The limits need not be short.  Richards other
points were quite good also.

> So, Richard.  Are you ready to commit a lot of your private time to
> becoming project leader for a year?  Will you step to the plate and pledge
> away a significant portion of your life to Debian?  If not, then I suggest
> that you retract your proposal.  I don't have the time or expertise
> required to do Bruce's job.  Do you?  When and if there is a viable
> candidate that shows the same dedication and resposibility to the project
> as Bruce, then I will gladly support him or her.  Until then, a proposal
> like this is meaningless IMHO.

Well, there is Ian Jackson.  I don't really know enough to decide between
them myself.