Re: Policy Weekly Issue #4/8: Dates in package versions

Hi,
>>"Santiago" == Santiago Vila Doncel <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

Santiago> * We shall consider upstream sources using 2-digit years as
Santiago> an "oddity".

	Ok.

Santiago> This should be considered as a bug (wishlist),

	I object. This versioning scheme may need *one* epoch, in the
 year 2000, if and only if the upstream author continues with the
 version scheme then (the version in the year 2000 may simple be
 100). I do not see this as a bug, or anything that requires any
 changes yet. Lets not create bugs just because we can.

Santiago> but we will not fix it until it is fixed upstream.

	ok.

	manoj
--
 "What a wonder is USENET; such wholesale production of conjecture
 from such a trifling investment in fact." Carl S. Gutekunst