Re: Policy Weekly Issue #4/16: New source package format

Hi,

	I think this topic (choosing packages which were supposed to
 be installed) has come up before, and there was a list of packages
 floating around; however, choosing required, important, and standard
 packages should also do it.

	That means, currently, 133 packages (from the available file
 on my machine). So, any port to a new architecture would have to
 bootstrap by porting these packages by other means. A smaller set
 could doubtless be assembled, but maintaining that list is likely to
 be more cumbersome than this simple rule.

	manoj

__> egrep ^Priority /var/lib/dpkg/available | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
     17 Priority: important
     45 Priority: required
     71 Priority: standard
    187 Priority: extra
   1217 Priority: optional

--
 People beset by desire run here and there, like a snared rabbit, so
 one should get rid of one's craving if it is freedom from desire that