Re: abandoning the rules of discourse

Bruce Perens wrote:

> We recently had some conversation on rules of discourse for the
> mailing lists. At that time, discussion by most developers was
> strongly against them. Only myself and two other people spoke out
> for them at all.
>
> I want to check for opinions one more time before abandoning them.
> If we do that, disrespectful language will be allowed, and obscentity
> will be allowed. Is this really what people want?

Disrespectful language and obscentity disqualify only those that use
them. Ignoring them is the right thing to do, IMO.
I would not like having rules to forbit these because those rules would
disqualify the project.
But I will accept a note the is considered correct to ignore such
messages and the suggestion to don't reply them.

I have noticed some interesting ideas in some messages, but their
language convinced me that they were not worth of my attention.

> "Non ti curar di lor, ma guarda e passa"  -- Dante, The Divine Commedy

(Sorry I'm not able to translate this in English :-)

Cheers,
Fabrizio