Re: abandoning the rules of discourse

Dave Cinege:
> In other words Bruce needs a way to justify stifiling people that
> endanger his complete domination of the Debian project.
>
> I can see no other reason for this policy as the very *RARE* times
> their is any noise on the mailing lists it has been about that.

Dave, please try not to be _quite_ so paranoid.  Bruce has no complete
domination of the project.  If you think you can do better then stand
for the leadership.  In any case, please be constructive.  You might
also find that becoming a developer would enhance your credibility.

To the rest of the list: We've been seeing a fair amount of noise
recently, whether of the kind quoted above, or miscellaneous user
questions to debian-devel (of which we've had a couple recently), or
whatever.

I propose that if we get much more we close the debian-policy and
debian-devel lists to postings from non-developers.  If there is
demand we can create a new list where non-developers can discuss
things, but I think the project needs us to be able to talk to each
other in (relative) peace and quiet.

Ian.