Re: tar files in example dirs

joost witteveen wrote:

> Nfsroot isn't at all for ordinary users, it's only for admins. So,
> I don't mind if ordinary (non-tar-aware) users cannot read the
> example files from nfsroot: they'll have to become "unix-aware" first
> anyway.

I understand, but maybe if we could make it "simpler" even for admins...

> And yes, I realise you were talking about real documentation in
> /usr/doc/*/*.tar.gz. Now, that's something different, and maybe
> the maintainers should think again about those tarfiles. But
> on the bases of those "doc.tar.gz" files you wanted policy to be
> changed to the effect of not allowing .tar.gz in /usr/doc. That I
>  think is wrong.

yes, I'm talking about documentation in tar.gz.
On the bases of those "doc.tar.gz" files I want policy to be changed to
the effect of not allowing documentation files in .tar.gz

does this sound better?
Note that I would like to have "example" files (not only docs, but also
code example and config examples) referenced inside html docs as links
to the file, not to the tarball.

fabrizio