Where to put kernels for rbootd?

Hi,

I'm currently discussing an issue with the maintainer and author of
rbootd.  This is a server that provides boot-loaders or kernels for a
couple of HP9000 boxes.

The old package defaulted to /usr/local/lib/rbootd as location for
those boot-loaders and kernels.  No boot-loader or kernel is provided
by the package btw.

I'm of the opinion that this directory should have been /var/lib/rboot
or /var/lib/rbootd.  The author doesn't second that and says that it's
the local administrators job to add these boot-loaders and kernels so
/usr/local/* is proper.

The maintainer is raising the following opinion:

   Looking in the FHS 2.0 /var/lib isn't even mentioned; I thought
   this was one of the differences between FSSTD and FHS; however none
   of /var/cache, /var/spool or /var/state seem at all appropriate for
   the boot images.

I'm still having the same opinion as before, but have difficulties to
argue and only few time, I'd rather hack the package and set it on
hold locally. :(

Therefore I'd appreciate if people here would discuss the issue with
us.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum