Re: Icon and pixmap location

On Tue, 02 Nov 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> > Well, maybe.  They are, indeed, written as C include files, but
> > that does not make them C include files: programs do not tend to
> > say things like:

> I've seen lots and lots of programs that do exactly that and I would
> be unpleasantly surprised if they suddenly broke.

What about the following idea:
Place all bitmaps in /usr/share/bitmaps and all pixmaps in
/usr/share/pixmaps and make /usr/X11R6/include/X11/{bitmaps|pixmaps}
symlinks on them.

This won't break sources, which use "#include <X11/*maps/*.x?m>" and
it is a much more intuitive place for icons which are used by a window
manager (for example using the menu package) or something like this.

Ciao

        Roland

--
 * roland@spinnaker.de * http://www.spinnaker.de/ *