Re: The Serious severity

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 07:15:09PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Seems to me that if bug severity is orthagonal to release criticality

People keep saying that, but it's not true [0]. "Release critical bugs"
are those that are serious, grave or critical. "Bugs that will stop the
release of that package" are "release critical bugs" that haven't been
specifically exempted by the release manager. Exemptions only happen
just before a release, and only happen on a discretionary basis, and
don't last for a particularly long time.

There may be subtle differences between the meanings of the various
terms, but they are *very* strongly correlated, which is right at the
other extreme from orthogonality.

Cheers,
aj

[0] It's not even spelt right! But it's Joey, so that's okay.

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''
                    -- http://www.angryflower.com/vegeta.gif